Issues

Nonviolence . . . Human trafficking . . . Women . . . . The elderly . . . Immigrants' rights . . . Housing. . . Children . . . Prisoners' rights . . . Health care . . . World Hunger . . . Globalization, as it affects Latin America . . . Care of the earth . . . Seamless ethic of life

Note: The ideas and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author's and should not be ascribed to the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes or its members.





Monday, February 1, 2016

The Doctor's and Her Sister's Letters



A long, long letter arrived after the graduation of Dr. Cindy.  In her letter titled “My Gratitude,”  Cindy thanked Adelante Mujer donors: “I am very grateful to God and the Adelante Mujer program that helped me.  Its support was great in giving me the funding to fulfill my dreams of becoming a doctor and finish my university studies.  I am a woman of low economic resources.  The program helped pay for university courses of preparation, books, uniforms, and all the other things I needed to study and be great.  Thanks to the help I received, I am a doctor capable of helping those in need.  Thank you, Adelante Mujer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment